About the Opportunity
You will join the frontend team as a senior product engineer (PE-2).
You will be responsible for everything frontend at SquadStack right from our customer-facing products to hiring more frontend engineers in the team. You’ll dictate what our frontend engineering culture evolves to in the future & hence we are looking for someone who is not only passionate about technology but also about creating a whole new team & systems from the ground up. We are looking for someone who can eventually evolve into a strong leadership role.
We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. What it means is that not only are you responsible for how does it work technically, but also should we make this?, how well should we build this?, is this what the user/customer needs?. We like to focus on outcomes vs output.
You will work in cross-functional teams - Strong products aren’t built with engineering silos. We truly believe in engineers collaborating within a cross-functional setup & contributing with valuable inputs towards the product outcomes.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at SquadStack: SquadStack takes the Joel Test.
What's in it for you?
People who have joined us in the past have experienced tremendous growth. You will not only become a better engineer, but we believe that you will have a much more well-rounded growth where you will learn more about various technologies.
Being part of a small team, you will also work directly with the founders and have good transparency into the business strategy, and get to see how a business is built. People who join Squad are extremely smart and you will end up forging lifelong bonds here. :)
Here are a few pieces our Engineers have learned and written about it in the past:
- Experience of a startup from a developer’s desk
- Two years with celery in production
- Lessons I learned to help keep software simple
- How I stopped being awful at managing
- More at Squad Engineering's Medium Publication
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, product & design teams
- Transform complex designs and prototypes into beautiful products without sacrificing the vision of the design team or code quality
- Develop a set of standards and styles that will drive how other members of the engineering team contribute to the code base to make it more scalable and maintainable
- Architect and build modern front-end applications for web and mobile platforms
- Conduct regular code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team around best practices
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Own the direction of our front end architecture as we grow the product footprint and team
- Plan projects & initiatives
- Be an active agent towards strengthening the technology team & culture
Good to have
- Traits & culture: Entrepreneurial & willing go the extra mile. Manager of one. You can read more about our values and culture at https://www.squadstack.com/culture.
- You've been building production quality B2C or B2B applications for 3+ years
- You love building well-designed, elegant user experience that bring joy to those who use them
- You write well tested code using tools like Jest and React testing library
- You’ve worked with applications built using third-party dependencies and can debug dependency conflicts.
- You expertly weigh quality, speed, feasibility and debt when designing solutions
- Prior experience of working with React native.
- Familiarity with native build tools like Gradle and Android Studio
Why should you consider us seriously?
- Compensation: 20-32 LPA + ESOPs
- Location: Remote
- Joining Date: Tomorrow ;)
- We believe that longer term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out https://www.squadstack.com/culture/. See Glassdoor reviews.
- We have an audacious vision of reimagining how work gets done! We’re one of the few applications of AI/ Machine Learning that actually has a massive market and business model to create a long term valuable business rather than a short-term acquisition play!
- We have plans to grow 10x in the next 1.5 years.
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, Abstract Ventures, Emergent Ventures; Senior execs at Google, Square, Genpact & Flipkart; Co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- Our platform empowers stay at home mothers and grey collared workers as a stable source of income across India. For us, this is truly impactful. Every day, we see success stories such as - how a single mother is sustaining herself. Empowering our contractors to be financially independent is a strong part of our vision!
- Other benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs.
- You can read more about our values and culture : https://www.squadplatform.com/careers/
This is just the beginning and we're here to change the world. :)