At Spotify Advertising R&D, our mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define our business.
We are looking for an analytical and creative Product Manager to work on monetization & advertising solutions for podcast publishers on Megaphone. Megaphone currently supports a billion dollar advertising business and your team will be responsible for building the tools and experiences that empower Podcast Publishers to build and manage effective ad campaigns, at scale, both on and off Spotify.
Our mission at Spotify is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. At Megaphone, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for podcasting which can scale the podcast listening experience for hundreds of millions of fans and thousands of publishers. This massive scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
What You’ll do
- As a product leader for Monetization & Advertising Solutions for podcast publishers on Megaphone, you will conceptualize, build, launch and iterate on a product vision, strategy and roadmap for maximizing publisher revenue by building the products and features that publishers need to monetize their content. Content & Monetization includes such items as yield optimization, upleveling our ad-serving capabilities, and creating the features that benefit our publishers, advertisers, and internal clients.
- Drive execution in collaboration with your Product Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Design peers.
- Collaborate with business development, sales and other cross-functional teams in building products to support our target customers.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your squad is focused on delivering the most impactful work and delivering against your success metrics. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years experience in product management roles building and launching successful online products.
- You love launching products in new areas with huge ambiguity; and when faced with such a challenge, you think “let me at it!”You have 2+ years of experience building or working with business-to-business SaaS (B2P) platforms.
- Specific Ad Tech experience: You have experience with real-time ad serving either on the Publishing, SSP, or DSP side.
- Bonus points if you have worked with digital audio with an emphasis in digital publishing (web, social, video, audio, etc.) especially podcast publishing, You have a track record of success in owning the whole product lifecycle from ideation, vision, requirements, roadmap, specifications to release, analysis and iteration.
- You are just as comfortable talking about commercialization with business teams as you are debating with engineering.
- You love data and can extract stories from data sets.
- You relish the idea of aligning the needs of your customers and partners to move your product forward for the benefit of your customer.
- You know how to build platforms that scale. You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You are an effective presenter & writer, and use these skills to influence large groups with conflicting priorities.
- You are able to quickly shift between responsibilities that demand longer term strategic vision and immediate tactical decisions/work
Where You'll Be
- Where you'll workWe are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
The United States base range for this position is $112,298 - $160,425, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.