SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our growing Payments & Entitlements team!
Our team is currently focusing on building the next generation of SoundCloud's subscription services. You’ll get to work on new greenfield services, interact with multiple systems across the company, work with multiple languages, while also contributing directly to the company's revenue growth. All of this while maintaining a high bar for reliability and scalability.
- Write high-quality and maintainable code. Test, collaboratively review, and ship it.
- Take ownership of maintaining and developing our backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with your teammates and product owners to drive our subscription system's vision, direction and architecture.
- Contribute to building a strong team with high quality output and create an open and inclusive culture.
- Identify and proactively address challenges on the backend, driving technical decisions within your peer group.
You might be a fit if:
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and work in an agile environment.
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Have 5+ years of experience in building scalable backend services
- Experience with creating and consuming APIs
- Experience in our tech stack Ruby, Scala is a plus
- You are a motivated team player who is happy to collaborate with the engineering organization across.
- Experience in working within the e-commerce, subscription or payments domain is a plus.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
- We’re international! We operate in the US, Berlin and London and all of our communication is in English.
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance and a possibility to use 20% of your time for a personal project.
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog post.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and wellness benefit!
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced.
- Various snacks and goodies at the office!
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.