Somnio didn’t begin as an agency. We became one. Our DNA has driven us to truly understand and empathize with our clients, their customers and partners. We balance concepts with strategy, creativity with research and form with function. This formula helps us craft experiences that resonate with people.
We provide a full range of services from global campaign strategy, social media, video production and content marketing to advanced portal and website design. We genuinely care about the growth of our clients’ brands and we’re damn proud of their success.
Our roster of clients includes IBM, AVEVA, Dell, Pega, Tripadvisor and many more.
We are seeking a full-time Video Editor/ Motion Graphics Animator to join our team. You will help us produce work that engages with our client’s audiences. The ideal candidate will possess the perfect combination of organization and creativity, with BOTH video editing and motion graphics skills. A self-starter who can take vague concepts and translate them into beautiful stories. They must work quickly and efficiently—never missing a deadline and ensuring deliverables are in line with both our clients' and Somnio’s expectations. Must stay organized and practice efficiency, without compromise to the overall projects.
About you: You’re a storyteller, visual creator and editor who has a method to your madness, understands and embraces process, and are passionate about amazing video content. Your work marries form and function for artful, engaging visual experiences and you understand how video can be used to inform, motivate, and make a difference. If you've got an upbeat attitude and a desire to work in a friendly, creative and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- The Video Editor/ Motion Graphics Animator works closely with our Associate Creative Director, Video
- Attend and lead client meetings
- Collaborate with ACD video, and designers/copywriters
- Responsible for editing and motion graphics work on a variety of client work
- Accountable for keeping on schedule while balancing multiple postproduction timelines.
- Embrace our team structure and drive a culture of teamwork
Requirements and skills
- 5+ years editing videos in an advertising agency or production house
- Extensive portfolio as a video editor with motion graphics experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premier Pro and After Effects
- Excellent ability to take direction/notes and turn quick, and thorough revisions
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Acute attention to small details, ensuring all client feedback is reviewed and incorporated
- Bachelors’ degree in Film or equivalent
- Experience in B2B marketing
- Agency experience
- Motion graphics (A major plus)
- Animation experience
Somnio is based out of Austin, Texas. This is a remote role. Have a look at some of our work at www.somnio.com. Send your resume and an overly-earnest cover letter to us here at Somnio.