SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.About the Team:
SmartAsset’s editorial team is a large team of writers, editors and data journalists with a shared goal of demystifying complicated personal finance topics and empowering readers to make better financial decisions. We do this through comprehensive explainer articles, financial news coverage, data-driven studies and columns addressing common finance questions.About the Job:
SmartAsset is looking for a Writer/Editor to join our growing team and help us create high quality personal finance content. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing skills; has a working knowledge of and passion for personal finance; has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO; and has the ability to use data to make decisions.
- Writing informative articles on a wide range of personal finance topics
- Pitching and writing news content on fast turnaround
- Contributing to our data-driven content campaign
- Editing new and existing articles for accuracy and SEO best practices
- Managing large scale update projects
- At least 2-4 years in digital writing and editing
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Media
- Ability to create well-written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding writing, editing, grammar and research skills
- Previous experience covering personal finance topics, preferably retirement, financial planning and investing
- Strong grounding in SEO fundamentals
- Capable of conceiving, executing and managing projects with minimal oversight
- Experience writing data-driven content based on complex data sets and methodologies
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.