SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.About the Team:
The Sales Strategy and Operations team supports the overall health of the Sales organization by improving processes, identifying optimization opportunities, and managing those efforts. We deep dive into details of why and how to continually improve our customer-facing teams’ experience and support.
- Develop, prioritize and execute revenue initiatives across our sales, service and concierge teams
- Work with a wide array of cross functional partners such as data engineering, product, tech, sales operations, and marketing, to better align processes and business solutions utilizing data and insights to lead these discussions and make decisions
- Monitor, measure, and report sales effectiveness, efficiency and results
- Test and Learn: create culture to quickly iterate test that have clearly defined success criteria and infrastructure to report results
- Foster a team culture of collaboration and data-driven decision making, prioritizing an achievable roadmap for each team
- Present business reviews to senior leadership to highlight progress, roadblocks, and opportunities for impact
- Help shape our data structure to ensure immediate access to business KPIs
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience working in and leading sales analytics, sales operations, revenue optimization, and/or business strategy teams
- Organizational influence skills and the ability to think strategically and lead cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven experience articulating sales & business operations and strategy related concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and the Board
- Highly strategic and analytical, comfortable with data management, visualization, reporting, and data lead decision making
- Strong experience in extracting data via SQL is required (Snowflake preferred)
- Strong Project Management skills using high level strategic thinking with a history of delivering results via detailed execution
- Comfortable in the fast-paced, high growth environment of a startup
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proven servant leader and coach of leaders and individual contributions alike
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the continental US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $136,800 - 265K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.