SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team:
The editorial team is a fun, ambitious bunch of top-notch journalists with an insatiable curiosity for all things personal finance, particularly retirement planning and investing. We’re passionate about helping people make smart financial decisions, and we’re innovative in our approach to meeting goals and educating our readers. Put another way, we’re a tight-knit newsroom incubated within a unicorn fintech company. Equal parts nerdy and cool.
About the Job:
SmartAsset, which is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice and insights, is seeking a personal finance writer to join our growing team and help us further our mission of helping people get better financial advice. The ideal candidate will have experience writing personal finance content (preferably including investing, retirement and financial planning topics), as well as a journalism background and an enthusiasm for collaboration.
Skills / Experience You Have
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Journalism or writing background
- Detail-oriented disposition, with outstanding writing, editing and fact-checking skills
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Experience with data-driven and research-heavy articles
- Experience covering news stories on a fast-turnaround deadline
- Familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress
- Past work in personal finance topics like financial planning, investing, retirement, and taxes
- Experience in writing for a search audience, with a basic understanding of SEO best practices
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.