SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.About the Team: SmartAsset’s editorial team is a large team of writers, editors and data journalists with a shared goal of demystifying complicated personal finance topics and empowering readers to make better financial decisions. We do this through comprehensive explainer articles, financial news coverage, data-driven studies and columns addressing common finance questions. About the Job:
The Managing Editor, Economic Analysis will head up SmartAsset’s Data Driven team, which engages in economic analysis through published studies. These include rankings of cities and states according to economic criteria; analysis of investing and financial planning strategies; and in-depth research of the wealth management industry.
The Managing Editor, Economic Analysis will set the content strategy for the data-driven campaign, lead brainstorming of studies, and oversee all content production. The Managing Editor, Economic Analysis will also have a significant public-facing role, working closely with our Public Relations team to promote our research to news outlets and represent the company in interviews about economic trends.
- Lead SmartAsset’s data driven team, including establishing and executing on a content strategy aimed at increasing media coverage of SmartAsset
- Oversee all production of data journalism content
- Collaborate closely with our PR director on study ideation and promotion
- Represent the company in interviews with media outlets about economic trends and personal finance topics
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, preferably in economics, mathematics, data science, or statistics
- Experience working with and analyzing economic data; and able to communicate complex economic and finance topics in an easy-to-understand way
- Superior Excel and data analysis skills
- Experience writing, editing or overseeing the production of data journalism
- Media-trained, with experience discussing economic and finance topics in interviews with journalists
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Previous experience in personal finance journalism
- Command of data analysis tools including SQL, Python and web scraping
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.