Skilljar is seeking a versatile and proven technical services engineer to join our rapidly growing team. This role serves as a technical resource bridging the gap between engineering and customer success. As part of a small team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to work across many skill sets.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic, highly-collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Implementation: Be well-versed in Skilljar’s platform and product capabilities, and partner with Skilljar’s Customer Success team for all technical configurations and integrations. Participate in technical conversations with customers, and leverage strong knowledge of technical concepts to provide guidance with implementation and solutions.
- Triaging & Escalations: Own technical requests through resolution and communicate results to all stakeholders. Troubleshoot technical issues, review code, and offer suggested bug fixes.
- Documentation & Research: Contribute to the creation of customer and internal-facing technical documentation. Partner with Skilljar's Product team in researching and documenting potential new integrations and internal projects.
- Experience programming in Python, or another scripting language.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, HTTP, SSL, Single Sign-On (i.e. OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0) preferred.
- Familiarity with Rails, Django, or some equivalent MVC framework preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.