Skilljar is seeking an experienced leader for our Sales Development team (currently all virtual) as we build the Skilljar rocketship! As Sales Development Manager, you will execute on team goals, hire, train, and develop team members, and work closely with the Account Executive team, demand gen/marketing, and other various executives to increase efficiencies and improve SDR processes and systems. The manager will motivate, lead, mentor and guide the team to achieving daily/weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline goals, improve process efficiencies and deliver on other well-defined objectives.
We’re looking for a motivated, process-oriented self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating growth-stage startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- A leader; you inspire your team, as well as of cross-functional stakeholders
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your reps and managers providing mentorship in a way that shows no task is too small for you
- A quantitative process thinker; you recognize the importance of using numbers to make decisions, are comfortable testing/optimizing, see productivity as a combination of process/technology, and understand how to successfully implement campaigns/programs
- A communicator; you’re authentic, an expert at addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement, and you're great at celebrating wins/progress
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems
Would you like to be responsible for:
- Providing motivation and direction for your team to achieve their meeting and pipeline goals across multiple customer segments and territories.
- Using data to track performance and drive productivity enhancements
- Partnering with Marketing to define integrated campaigns that drive qualified meetings / opportunities
- Establishing metrics and helping the team improve by understanding their performance on a daily basis
- Helping to create a fun, high energy environment - even in a virtual world!
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability to lead Sales Development teams
- Successfully leveraged key funnel metrics in to improve and accelerate team performance
- Proven ability to ramp sales reps over time in a systematic way - development of a training program focused on product, process & selling skills.
- Experience selling into mid-market B2B companies strongly preferred (5 or 6 digit annual contracts, consultative solution selling through stakeholder committees).
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound prospecting technologies, tools, and managed services vendors.
- An ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing, and finance.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change - high growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.