Direct Sales Representative
SimX is a fast-growing startup bringing virtual and augmented reality to medical simulation training. Our product is the first comprehensive professional-grade VR medical simulation system, and it is used by our customers to train physicians, nurses, paramedics and other allied health professionals. Since our product has become generally available, demand has exploded and we're in need of new members of our sales team.
Our company has an ambitious and high-impact purpose: to transform the way healthcare professionals are trained in order to take a dent out of the more than 400,000 people who die every year from preventable medical errors. We're a dynamic team consisting of about half physicians and half engineers, all of whom have dedicated their time to achieving our mission. As an early startup, we're looking for new team members who are excited about our mission and have the drive to succeed in the startup environment.
As a Direct Sales Representative you will be at the center of our very active sales and customer support process.
Your primary role will be to help generate and close all potential SimX sales opportunities. You will be responsible for creating new opportunities through both inbound and outbound strategies. You will also be expected to retain new customers and manage their renewal process. Included in your role is continued customer support throughout the sales cycle.
This position can be worked remotely, however you will be expected to communicate with the sales team on a daily basis in the Pacific Time Zone. You will also be expected to attend major simulation conferences and/or in person closing meetings potentially as frequently as monthly.
This is a full-time position with base salary, tiered commission, stock option compensation, and benefits.
- Bachelor's degree, or comparable experience
- 3 years of professional experience with sales.
- Substantial experience with common office and sales tools like Salesforce, Microsoft Teams/Slack, Google Docs/Microsoft Office, video production software, and others.
- Self-motivated, meticulous, and organized problem-solver who will get the job done.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule, including evening meetings.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Permanent residence in the United States.
- Willingness to travel frequently for work.
Note: these are not required to be a successful applicant, but we'd love it if you have one or two! Please also feel free to let us know if you have skills not listed here that you think would make you a great fit for our company.
- Degree specifically in marketing, communications, business management, or related field.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Professional experience within the healthcare industry.
- Sales or operational experience in healthcare or B2B software.
- Experience with VR or AR hardware and software.
SimX is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to have a workforce that represents the full diversity of the health professionals that we aim to train and the patients whose care we want to improve. Our employment decisions will be based solely on the merit and qualifications of applicants without discrimination, including discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SimX is committed to making reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.