In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a Sales Executive you will have the ability to create your own path. You will have the flexibility to speak with customers in industries that you are interested in and excite you. You will have the ability to sell our core products backed by one of the strongest transportation platforms in the market. There will also be engagement with leadership on any opportunities to help you win!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to drive revenue growth and achieve targets
- Identify and engage with key decision-makers and stakeholders within target accounts
- Define target market segments and develop comprehensive sales plans to penetrate those markets
- Set ambitious sales targets and develop action plans to achieve and exceed them
- Conduct Market research and analyze industry trends to identify opportunities and create effective sales strategies
- Generate new leads, build relationships, and convert prospects into clients
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor activities and and market dynamics
- Identify competitive advantages and develop strategies to differentiate our offerings in the market
- Liaison with internal teams to ensure seamless coordination and efficient delivery of services to clients
- Facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business on the phone, zoom or in person (if/when the environment allows)
- Collaborate internally with team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Manage individual sales funnel information regarding all prospective customers in the required format
- Sell Shipwell’s core suite of freight services
- Review weekly/monthly sales activities and prospective customers with Management
- Engaging in self-development & training opportunities, both internal & external
- Reports to Director of Brokerage Sales
What you need to have:
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets in a B2B environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic mindset and the ability to think critically and creatively
- Strong negotiation and closing skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
- 12+ years of sales experience, preferably in the Transportation Brokerage Industry
- Proven track record of success in a senior sales or business development role within the transportation industry
- In-depth understanding of the domestic transportation industry dynamics, trends, and challenges
- Ability to travel (as conditions warrant)*
- High school degree or GED equivalent
What is Preferred:
- Experience in a sales development role or a high outbound selling role focused at the executive level
- Tech savvy and experienced in a consultative approach with customers
- Strong prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service; follow up with customers and the network
- Growth mindset, with a focus on customers
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
---The Base Salary Range for this role is between $100,000 - $110,000 including a Generous Commission Plan that is Uncapped based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!