At Shipwell, we empower supply chain efficiency and service effectiveness at scale. The Shipwell platform includes capabilities previously out of most shippers' technical reach and affordability today. Our solution combines everything shippers need, from transportation management and visibility to procurement, in a comprehensive, easy-to-use platform. It will adapt and scale as market and business demand change, allowing shippers to operate, manage, and optimize the shipping process seamlessly. Industry experts have recognized Shipwell's traction in the market and have differentiated Shipwell as a leader in the logistics industry. Awards include Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS 2023, 2022, 2021, Food Logistics’ 2022 Top Software & Technology Providers, and FreightWaves’ FreightTech 2022 and 2021 Awards for Innovation and Disruption in Freight Industry. Shipwell was also named the fourth fastest-growing company in North America on the 2021, 2022, and 2023 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager at Shipwell you will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes. You will assess their needs and provide opportunities and solutions to them by incorporating relevant features into our platform, APIs, and automation pipelines. You will own the “whole product” - running backlogs, building requirements and taking features from ideation to release. As a Senior Product Manager you direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) You’ll translate ideas into features, embed those features into a longer term product strategy while at the same time, be accountable and responsible for product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you. As a senior Product Manager, you will work with a squad of engineers, designers, data scientists, and architects to ensure the delivery and deployment of product initiatives with a keen eye on iteration and improvement.
What you’ll do when you get here:
Identify a winning product
- Develop and implement products that will drive customer impact and market differentiation.
- Manage an early adopter program that affords any new product initiative will have 3 to 5 customer beta-users prior business case approval.
- Be your solution area champion both internally and externally. Take ownership of and spearhead initiatives that highlight your solution area's value proposition across the organization and to customers/partners.
- Position yourself as an expert in your solution area by actively sharing knowledge and best practices company-wide and through external channels.
- Become the go-to resource and influential voice for your solution space by building connections and relationships internally and through customer/industry engagements.
Rally the team to build it
- Create and present ‘new product’ business cases to the requisite product approval committee.
- Produce and collaborate with Engineering on product requirements documents (PRD)
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, design, and engineering teams to build prototypes, get feedback, and create and iterate on (i.e., ,re-scope and fine-tune) requirements via user stories, RICE and MOSCOW scoring, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data modeling and API design.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule while possessing the ability to negotiate with (engineering, marketing, implementation, and senior leadership) teams when they are not.
Iterate until you get it right
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with sales and marketing to build programs and playbooks to connect with our target market
- Collaborate with customer success teams to find creative solutions that delight customers\
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of product management experience at a B2B, B2C SaaS
- Experience in product lifecycle management (Sprint and Kanban)
- Background in software development and program management
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Management or Logistics will serve you well but is not a requirement.
- Track record of successfully building complex software products with a wide range of users’ technical abilities
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Strong track record of influencing colleagues and executives
- Ability to develop simple solutions and guide your team to be more effective and productive
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive a technology package including a MacBook Pro
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within the Austin, TX office or you can choose to be fully remote.
The Salary Range for this role is between $130,000 - $155,000 including Variable Compensation based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!