Director of Account Management
In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Oversee the day to day functions of the Account Management team
- Interface with Shipwell’s customers on a daily basis
- Coach team members on how to identify, develop, track and measure continuous improvement opportunities with customers while cross-selling/upselling modes, services, and platform sales
- Establish, assess, and adapt team performance goals, responsibilities and accountabilities in the short and long term
- Manage the team’s compensation and recognition strategies. This includes appropriate and consistent compensation administration, planning bonus and/or commission payments, year-end compensation planning, periodic compensation adjustments as necessary, and implementing other general employee recognition activities
- Responsible for workforce planning processes. This includes forecasting resource needs, and partnering with People Operations to establish a pipeline, recruit, select, and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Administer and drive growth and retention through monthly/yearly account management review and pipeline review processes
- Work closely and diligently with the Sales and Leadership Team to develop, monitor, and ensure account revenue health of existing and newly secured business
- Develop and review business plans, SOPs, execution strategies, profitability, KPIs, and other account metrics
- Serve as a direct customer escalation point and problem solver
- Provide guidance on pricing strategies across Shipwell’s services lines
- Work with leadership team to ensure that open communication occurs regarding business challenges and opportunities
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to drive continuous improvement. Ensure customer commitments are achieved and promote the focus to standardize tasks reducing cost to serve
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years logistics industry experience
- 7+ years as an Account Manager
- 5+ years in a leadership position with multiple direct reports
- The ability to mentor, motivate and develop a strong account management team
- Demonstrated growth through sales and relationship building
- Value working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive a technology package including a MacBook Pro
---The Salary Range for this role is between $120,000 - $130,000 plus Variable Compensation based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!