In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As an Account Executive, your responsibilities will be as follows but not limited to:
- Meet or Exceed annual quota
- Directly manage Inbound & Outbound prospect engagement, driving the sales process from opportunity creation through executed customer partnership
- This includes outbound target prospecting as well as rapidly responding to leads from the company’s inbound marketing efforts and channel partner referrals
- Proactively generate new business from the Shipwell’s target addressable market
- Qualification to ensure Shipwell is investing resources effectively and efficiently
- Create Account Plans and Strategies
- Successfully execute Shipwell’s Sales Process and Methodology
- Maintain the utmost trusted advisory with customers - honesty, transparency and guidance
- Manage several customer sales cycles simultaneously (sales cycles ranging from 1 to 9 months)
- Document sales interactions, win/loss/feature details, sales stages and and accurate forecasting via (Salesforce.com)
- Prepare presentations and proposals; collaborate with other teams on scoping, SOWs and new customer transition to Professional Services
- Maintain a high level of knowledge relating to the logistics supply chain market (trends, disruptions, competitors) as well as Shipwell’s current platform, service offerings, etc.
- In a team effort, effectively strategize, orchestrate, communicate and demonstrate how Shipwell’s platform and services offerings will solve customer problems/challenges and deliver value for customers
- Maintain and report regularly the status of your pipeline and forecast
- In a team effort, communicate potential new requirements to product marketing, product management and sales leadership
- Actively participate in sales-marketing activities such monthly cross-team meetings, trade events, customer engagements/case studies, etc.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Learn the core tenants of Shipwell’s TMS & Visibility platform capabilities, differentiators, service offerings and how to articulate the value we help our customers achieve
- Engage with prospective customers at all levels (managers, directors, VPs, Cxx) across multiple stakeholders and decision-makers such as IT, Logistics/Supply Chain, Procurement/Sourcing, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Learn how to collaborate with Shipwell’s cross-functional teams (i.e. Sales Leadership, Pre-Sales, Implementation Services, Integration Services, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Finance) to deliver world-class solutions and success for our customers
- Bring the voice of the customer back to Shipwell’s product team to help drive roadmap ideas, capabilities and innovations that help differentiate Shipwell in the marketplace and deliver on-going value for our customers
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience selling SaaS TMS solutions and services (or similar)
- Ability to manage a complex sales process
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, think critically, discernment skills
- Demonstrated ability selling across all stakeholder levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead and operationalize solutions for our customers
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Possess a challenger’s mindset
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to drive continuous improvement and be an ambassador of change for our clients
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Ability to set initial pricing strategy
- Ability to execute quickly and assemble teams
- Proficiency in Salesforce/CRM tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness
- The ability to articulate ROI through thorough detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated high-performance and the ability to consistently exceed quota
- 401k plan (including match)
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive a technology package including a MacBook Pro
---The Salary Range for this role is between $90,000 - $120,000 (based on Years of Experience, relevancy of Experience, Skill-sets, and Location) plus an industry-leading Variable Incentive-based compensation plan.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc