Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
Our Engineering team lies at the core of the value we offer to our customers. We solve complex problems by working not only within our squads, but also by working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation.
Our company tech stack includes .Net Core (C#), Python, MS SQL Server, Elastic Search, and more. If you are excited by solving complex technical challenges, this is the right place for you!
What you’ll do
- Deliver, maintain, support and improve new & existing features in our customer products
- Define and drive software architecture
- Contribute to Shift’s new technologies adoption by monitoring technological development, driving research and building POCs
- Provide technical guidance to peer engineers and help them to upskill
What you bring...
- You have at least 6 years of experience in software development.
- You have strong coding skills: solid experience with C# would be ideal, but any other OOP language is ok!
- You have a good understanding of distributed data systems
- You master some data engineering tools like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Beam…
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems.
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine.
- You are used to work closely with cross-functional teams including data scientists or engineers
- You can communicate fluently in English.
- HR Screening
- Online Codingame test
- Technical Screening with a senior back-end engineer.
- Second Technical screening with a technical lead
- Final Round with Hiring Manager
#LI-RH1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we are always assessing the benefits we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave opportunities
- Extensive mental health benefits provided via our global Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteering time - 16 hours annually
We offer many benefits in various countries - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.