Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
Shift Technology offers a unique opportunity to data solutions engineers to accelerate their careers, improve their coding skills and have a high impact for our clients:
- Implement scraping and data retrieval pipelines such as web crawling websites with online vehicle ads to detect suspicious claims, crawl social media and public sites to spot discrepancies between claims and online activity, do entity resolution on lists of disbarred lawyers to detect fraud rings, etc.
- Implement connectors with external solutions to provide in-box integration of our systems with other systems through APIs and data engineering ETLs.
The work is focused on implementing and maintaining data connectors, external data integration and helping building key showcases..
- Data Engineering for the pipelines of External Data, from the automation of their retrieval in external sources to their insertion into our data stores (SQL, ElasticSearch).
- Designing new data pipelines, integrating new technologies to automate business tasks or deliver new functionalities.
- Designing and implementing new connectors with external systems such as the integration of our solutions in market-leading solutions such as GuideWire.
- Optimizing the robustness and performance of production pipelines as well as supervised the deployment of complex features to support client-facing Data Scientists. Learn about robustness patterns, code optimization techniques and large-scale deployment organization.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Good programming skills, such as a degree in computer science and/or some coding work experience and you feel comfortable spending time writing and understanding code.
- Ability to produce optimized and stable code which will smoothly run in a production context; you’re familiar with algorithm complexity assessment; you can write unit tests and integration tests; you think about potential problems and edge case.
- Knowledge and experience using object-oriented concepts; you can design class diagrams and use common object-oriented design patterns naturally. C# knowledge is a plus.
- Good practical spirit, eager to understand how new systems work, and able to troubleshoot and improve them; when hitting an unexpected problem, you are ready to dig in to solve the problem yourself.
- Teamwork capabilities; you are comfortable working with others and you have good communication skills.
- English speakers; we are an international company with offices in many countries and 40+ nationalities, the Shift working language is English.
At Shift we thrive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria. Shift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we are always assessing the benefits we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave opportunities
- Extensive mental health benefits provided via our global Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteering time - 16 hours annually
We offer many benefits in various countries - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.