Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
The Data Science team works on a broad range of subjects. We actively participate in the definition and development of our suite of products on fraud detection, anti-money laundering and claim automation. We have a lot of technical and professional experience in data science, data engineering, coding, business understanding and client interactions. Additionally, we also work on various data types such as structured data, free text, documents and images.
What you'll do...
The data science team is in charge of technically delivering the Shift products to clients, the key role in the success of our projects with clients. It is a hands-on job, expect to be doing everything you can imagine from the technical side in an AI company:
- Implementation of the data engineering, usually from client extracts to the insertion of the data in our data stores (SQL, ElasticSearch)
- Developing, testing, tuning models and putting them in production for tasks such as fraud detection and automation detection in complex environments.
- Automate key business tasks by implementing them in our production process framework in C#
- Conduct meetings with clients and interact with external stakeholders, whether it is direct user feedback, presenting business cases or defining the roadmap of evolutions for that client
You will actively participate in the definition and development of our suite of products on fraud detection, anti-money laundering and claim automation, working on various data types such as structured data, free text, documents and images.
This is a full remote role, and you will be part of our growing German speaking Data Science team, taking care of our German clients.
What you bring...
As a result of the range of the role, we are looking for people with diverse skills and proficiencies to help make our customers successful. We are open to people not having exactly all of the required skills, but in each one of those they must be willing to build expertise.
As a result, we expect data scientists to be:
- Code-savvy, either by having a degree in computer science and/or having developed some apps with actual users, or by willing to spend a lot of time practicing. Writing scripts for models and notebooks is not enough at Shift, we thrive on people who can write maintainable, production-quality code that will run everyday without breaking.
- AI-savvy, either by having a degree in machine learning and/or statistics or be looking to work on those subjects. Having a clear understanding of statistics and machine learning problems, tasks and common resolutions is important to communicate internally and explain to the client how the product is working.
- Client facing. You will need to be comfortable, clear and professional when talking to clients during meetings and by email. Expect to talk with a client every other day and grow your communicational and presentational skills!
- Business smart. We don’t expect candidates to know the insurance sector, but we want people who can learn and master the business aspects of our products
- Fluency in German
- English speaker. We are an international company with offices in many countries and 40+ nationalities, the Shift working language is English.
- French is a nice to have
- Talent Acquisition interview
- Technical exercise
- Technical interview
- Hiring manager interview
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we are always assessing the benefits we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Parental leave opportunities
- Extensive mental health benefits provided via our global Employee Assistance Program
- Paid volunteering time - 16 hours annually
We offer many benefits in various countries - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.