Shift Technology enables the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions with the power of AI. Our products enable insurers to automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in superior customer experiences, increased operational efficiency, and reduced costs. The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Founded in France in 2014, the company now serves over 115 global customers–including 6 of the top 10 U.S. P&C insurers and 4 of the top 10 global P&C insurers–and has processed well over 2.6 billion claims. Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and inventing solutions that impact insurers and their customers. We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures to share a common purpose and mission as One Team.
Our success and growth is powered by the technical platform that allows us to bring AI-driven decision automation and optimization across the insurance lifecycle through our suite of products.
The purpose of our team is to provide a set of libraries/frameworks/standards cross products. We work with the different teams dedicated to their products, we gather their common needs to design a way to answer this need as similarly as possible across all teams.
The technical stack includes Net core (C#), Python,MS SQL Server, Elastic Search, and more. Performance, scalability and quality are key challenges to solve in order to deliver and review code.
As a teammate, you will also participate in all of the team's usual activities: of course software development, but also technical design, roadmap planning, estimates, code reviews, etc.
As a member of Shift Technology’s engineering team, part of the greater tech team, your role will be to deliver, maintain, support, and improve new and existing features in our customer products. You’ll work with engineering leaders on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions.
As a teammate, you will also participate in all of the team's usual activities: of course software development, but also technical design, roadmap planning, estimates, code reviews, etc
We work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market.
Our main tools are:
- C# in the Backend written with Visual Studio and Resharper
- SQL Server and Elasticsearch in the data layer
- A continuous delivery pipeline that uses Git, Nunit, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 7 years of experience in software development.
- You have strong coding skills: whatever your language of choice, your projects are beautifully designed and cleanly written.
- Familiarity with ORM and OOP
- You have a good understanding of distributed data systems.
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn, always looking to expand your fields of expertise.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work.
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems.
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine.
- You will work closely with software engineers, data scientists, QA, product managers and other teams to build high-quality products through the software development lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You can communicate clearly in English.
- HR Screening.
- Technical Screening.
- Deeper technical interviews.
- Last round interview with engineering leadership
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.