About the Role:
The Sezzle sales team is fast-moving, adaptive, and driven to succeed in a competitive environment. As an SDR, you will have a direct impact on the growth of the company by prospecting into a given territory, working with a tenured sales rep to help them find new business opportunities, and qualifying inbound sales leads. We are looking for curious, humble, and driven salespeople to help sell our solution by creating great relationships and listening to the needs of prospects. In this role, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to work with several departments across the Sezzle organization, but you’ll mainly be responsible for finding new business and moving those opportunities through the sales process to close.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
- Qualify inbound leads and develop relationships
- Generate outbound sales conversations through email campaigns
- Coordinate product demonstrations between Business Development Executives and prospective merchants
- Track communication and engagement via Salesforce
- Close sales and assist merchants with onboarding
Ideal Skills and Experiences:
- Growth-minded and looking to turn challenges into opportunities
- Fun and collaborative and enjoy working with a team
- People-person who derives energy from meeting with others
- Driven to learn new things and develop skills
- Passionate about helping others
- Attentive to detail
- Adept at managing time
- 1-2 years of sales experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with 100% match
- Collaborative workspace, commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.