Location: Minneapolis, MN or remote
About the Role:
As a Marketing Analyst Intern, you will be primarily responsible for testing and learning what types of communications resonate the best with Sezzle’s audience. You will be tasked with designing and executing experiments to gather a wide variety of data and insights that will help inform future experiments. This position will require a deep understanding of data, how to analyze it, how to describe it to others, how to document it, and how to act upon it.
The primary aim for this role is to help create relevant, customized, and personalized content for our Sezzle consumers, to build brand awareness and drive increased traffic to Sezzle’s owned and operated channels, ultimately resulting in increased sales. In addition, you will be responsible for some arm of content marketing and strategy—elevating holistic campaigns, copywriting, automation, curation, data/analytics, documentation, etc.
In the Sezzle universe, work is extremely fast-paced. We see chaos as a source of innovation and it’s the pulse of our company. As a result, roles are constantly evolving, and there’s plenty of exciting opportunities for career progression. We’re a small department with big dreams and the motivation to make them happen, so we’re looking for adaptable, customer-centric superstars who can roll up their sleeves and amplify our success.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the 37,000+ eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
- Design and execute experiments to gather data and insights that will help the team understand what works best in terms of communicating with our shoppers.
- Document and interpret outcomes of A/B testing experiments and confidently draw conclusions that are helpful in future decision making
- Examine the current shopper journey and make data-backed recommendations on the best ways to optimize for producing long-tail revenue
- Work within multiple cross-functional teams to ensure that Sezzle is effectively marketing all relevant products and value propositions
- Learn how to effectively manage our marketing CRM tool to drive new and innovative use cases that can be shared across the team
- Bring a fresh perspective and question the way that things are currently run, in hopes of refining and improving core processes
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Statistics or Marketing with graduation in Fall 2024 or later.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- A team-first attitude and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- A data-oriented mindset and ability to analyze data and draw insights.
- A hard-working mentality and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Additional experience or significant interest in working with SMS, push notifications, in-app push notifications, eCommerce or digital marketing preferred.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Act like an owner. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Collaborative workspace
- The opportunity to join the first profitable Buy-Now-Pay-Later and Minneapolis; fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The compensation range for the role is $18.00-$22.00 / hour. Our ranges are very broad to accommodate all types of candidates and encourage growth. Specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on factors such as education, experience, qualifications, and alignment with market data. Exceptional candidates may receive salaries outside of the posted ranges.