Headquarters: Boston, MA
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- Prioritize fearlessly.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It's to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn't work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won't work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
About the role
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organised, and enthusiastic Payroll Specialist to join our growing team. You will be part of the global People Operations team who focuses on providing an exceptional employee experience.
As a member of our people team- across WorldRemit and Sendwave-you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long-term decision-making.
Reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will:
- Own and manage all Payroll activities across specified WorldRemit and Sendwave global regions, including managing the administration of all benefits in the specific regions
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding of all employees through the payrolls, including preparing all relevant documentation
- Manage Payroll related queries and requests from employees
- Ensure ongoing management of data cleansing, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Monitor and adjust payroll controls and guidelines
- Maintain strong relationships with external third parties (e.g. payroll & benefit providers)
- Assist with both Internal & External Audits, as well as regulatory reporting obligations
- Create regular and ad hoc report requests on different Payroll metrics
- Work closely with all other teams (including HRBPs, HR, Reward, TA & Talent Management)
- Support and own any ad-hoc Payroll projects given
- Act as additional support for other WorldRemit payrolls as required
- Great interpersonal skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate confidently and professionally at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, with a process improvement mindset whilst looking to develop a skill set further
- Strong, proactive customer service mindset and excellent investigative skills in dealing with complex issues and identifying Solutions
- Able to cope with pressure, work towards tight deadlines being well organized
- Intermediate Excel Skills (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables)
- Experience in processing payroll for UK employees and an intermediate understanding of UK payroll regulations
What you’ll get from us
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Income Protection
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 day each quarter to use to relax, refresh and recharge
- Life assurance worth 3 x your salary
- Private medical and dental care plans
- Cycle to work scheme
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company. We’re excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.