Headquarters: Riga, Latvia
Who we are:
We’re a fast-growing SaaS company based in Riga, Latvia. Our core service is sellfy.com
- a simple, yet powerful e-commerce platform for content creators and online businesses. We’re a small team of collaborators from Europe, Asia and the US - dedicated developers, designers, and customer care reps - all striving for the same goal: to provide creators with an easy-to-use e-commerce solution to grow their business
Who you are:
You are a reliable, thoughtful, patient, and empathetic communicator located in the U.S., preferably the Pacific Time Zone (PST) who is able to jump onboard with us immediately.
Ideally, you enjoy explaining things and helping to solve problems - you might even be a detective at heart who goes the extra mile to solve a riddle. You know how to investigate and look for answers on your own (especially when you don’t know anything about the subject at hand) just as you know how to pitch in during a team effort project. You are naturally proactive and able to apply innovative thinking to ordinary issues, comfortable to work independently with little supervision.
What you’ll do:
This role transcends traditional customer support as we truly try and listen to our users, to develop and expand our platform upon the insights we gain from them. So, we’re not looking to fill a simple Customer Service agent position answering tickets. We’re looking for an apt people-person who will help maintain and grow Sellfy’s customer loyalty while paying close attention to their needs and [indirect] feedback.
Your job includes identifying unmet customer needs and design flaws, and to offer suggestions on how to improve on these. We know that our Support Team members, you, are of tremendous importance for not only keeping our customers happy on the frontlines, but for being the link between them and our service. We don’t enforce a hierarchical structure at Sellfy in the conventional sense; we believe each team member plays a crucial role in making Sellfy greater.
Your day-to-day: You’ll be responsible for answering any incoming inquiries during your work hours and helping to resolve customer problems on your own, or with the help of the team if technical assistance is required. You’ll be handling customer inquiries via email, only. During the assigned hours, you are expected to check in to Sellfy’s inbox, periodically, respond to incoming tickets and log technical issues with the team if necessary. The volume can vary from day to day and you will log work hours according to the hours you spent handling tickets, rather than the entire time frame. Besides helping our customers, we hope for you to be part of other exciting projects that we have in our pipeline.
- Location in the Pacific Time Zone (PST), or willingness to work PST hours.
- Previous experience with email and chat support, preferably remote.
- Availablity to work weekdays and weekends, starting January-February 2023.
- Able to work as an independent contractor.
- A working laptop, reliable internet and a place to work from.
We need you to:
- Be an efficient and friendly communicator with immaculate English.
- Be able to prioritise your own time and meet your own deadlines.
- Have an almost annoying attention to detail.
- Think and work autonomously.
- Be eager to grow professionally.
- Be adept in the world of digital downloads, application software, and file types - if you don’t understand something, you’ll learn it quickly.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve technical issues
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in startups, SaaS, e-commerce companies or selling online.
- Worked as an independent contractor
- Basic coding skills in HTML to the table.
- Experience with Help Scout, Asana, and Slack.
- Experience working with DNS records
What we offer:
- Remote and flexible work-from home lifestyle.
- A tight-knit team that values you and your opinions.
- Negotiable compensation for workspace costs, after 90 days.
- Freedom to share your own ideas for improvement.
- Opportunity for growth, leading proposed projects if in line with Sellfy’s mission.
- Annual team trips with SUPing, surfing & other activities (previous places we have traveled to include Barcelona and Croatia).