The Sales Agent with SelectQuote Senior is a unique full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where performance is rewarded! In this role, you will speak to people who have responded to a variety of marketing campaigns, conduct an extensive needs analysis with these customers, and match them with the Medicare products that meet their needs. You’re helping families every day by ensuring they have the right amount of coverage without overpaying for it.
It’s an exciting time to join the SelectQuote team! We became publicly traded in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We’ve also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2021 Best Places to Work honoree.
In addition, we also offer a competitive base pay ($18.00/hour) plus a training bonus and commissions that result in a first-year target compensation of $70k. Many Agents earn well above $100k, with some quickly reaching over 200k. Last year, our top Sales Agent made close to $300k. Other incentives include prizes, spot bonuses, and award trips. Don’t let the “sales” aspect scare you - many of our successful Sales Agents had no prior sales experience. In fact, our top Sales Agent two years in a row had no sales background before joining SelectQuote.
- Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent over 25 A-rated carriers that allow agents the flexibility of unbiased comparison shopping, to ensure we match customers with the products that meet their needs. We offer Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage plans, and an assortment of ancillary products including dental and vision.
- All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting.
- High earning potential – 1st-year average annual income is $70k. Top agents make well over $150k annually. Our agents have the ability to be their own CEO & employees can take charge of their careers.
- Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development training and we promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement between all three divisions, regardless of tenure.
- No prior Medicare sales experience required – We provide highly compensated formal sales and insurance training to prepare you for success in this role.
- Full benefits – including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k) + company match, paid time off, and more!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Coachability and willingness to learn - You’ll go through an extensive training program to prep you about Medicare, sales, and SelectQuote so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you’re on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process.
- Competitive personality and internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
- Time efficiency and technology skills - Be efficient with your and your customer’s time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier. applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
- Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
- Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume hours during peak season. Our agents make nearly ⅓ of their income during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated during this time.
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 6 months of sales experience to be considered.
- Accident & Health resident insurance license. If you’re not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline. (licensing costs will be reimbursed after successfully completing our training program)
- Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps.
- To be considered for a remote opportunity –
- Live in one of our remote states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Live 60+ miles away from one of our physical office sites (Overland Park, KS, Centennial, CO, Des Moines, IA)