Sales Agent - SQL - November Start
Why Join SelectQuote:
The Sales Agent - SQL position supports our SelectQuote Life (SQL) division by selling fully-underwritten life insurance with a focus on term policies. You’ll be delivered warm leads on a daily basis with no cold-calling, prospecting, or travel required.
SelectQuote offers high base-pay ($20/hour) during your ramping period plus performance-based earnings that result in an average first-year compensation of $80K. After their first year, over half of the Sales Agents in the Life division earn over $100K annually, and our top performing Sales Agents earn over $200K annually.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to help clients every day by ensuring that they have the right coverage to protect their families without overpaying for it. SelectQuote makes a real difference in our clients’ and employees’ lives, which has earned us a national award for “Best Place To Work.”
What We Offer:
● High earning potential – Majority of Sales Agents make over $100K annually in a W-2 environment
● High volume – Steady influx of leads resulting in several sales per day
● Warm leads – All leads are provided and most are pre-screened and delivered as warm transfers
● Focus on selling – Our Case Management department handles administrative support
● No prior insurance sales experience required – We’ll provide training to prepare you for success in this role
● Licensing in over 30 states – All fees paid for and processed on your behalf
● Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
What You Need to be Successful:
● Coachability & willingness to learn - You’ll go through an extensive training program to prep you about term life sales and SelectQuote so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you’re on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process.
● Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have a drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
● Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with yours and your customer’s time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
● Positivity - It’s important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
Training, Experience & Necessities:
● High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Sales experience preferred
● If you do not currently have a Life & Health resident insurance license, you must become licensed by a given deadline. (Licensing costs will be reimbursed after successfully completing our training program.)
● Hardwired high speed internet connection with minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
● To be considered for a remote opportunity –
o Live in one of our remote states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NJ, NV, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV, WY and select areas of CA
o Live 60+ miles away from one of our physical office sites (Overland Park, KS, San Diego, CA, Oakland, CA)