Job type full-time
Full job description
Here at savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial resultsWe partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of commitment, authenticity, respect and excellence (care).
The patient services representative puts their heart into their work every dayOur representatives lead with empathy and are passionate about showing compassion, ensuring quality work, and providing patients with a stress-free experience while they are registered for healthcare servicesWhether it’s making patients more comfortable while they wait, checking in on them with updates or going the extra mile to help someone navigate the hospital , our colleagues know that registering a patient is not a task-oriented career, it’s a people-oriented one.
• delights patients with an engaging and personable experience in all encounters.
• by providing a superior patient experience, receives high satisfaction survey scores from patients, at or above goal.
• develops and maintains a solid understanding of the revenue cycle and how patient registration affects the billing process.
• takes advantage of all training provided and ensures expertise in hospital/clinic systems including carepricer , hipaa confidentiality, healthcare insurance payer portals and protocols, insurance verification and data entry protocols, which hospital/clinic documents are required for medical and financial compliance, navigating the hospital/clinic and understanding and applying age-specific competencies, among others.
• completes the registration process while meeting quality and wait time goalsThis includes obtaining all required information for hospital/clinic records and billing systems, obtaining patient and/or responsible party signatures on registration and providing required information to patients/responsible party concerning advanced directives if applicable, privacy, medicare and required other compliance or consent formsThis may also include insurance coverage verification, obtaining authorization for services requiring pre-certification or referral, collecting payments, and/or preparing charts/paperwork for patient visits.
• depending on the assigned client location, may screen patients for medicaid, the affordable care act or hospital sponsored financial program and provides appropriate documentation and referralMay provide bedside financial counseling and collection support by telephone for patient balances after discharge.
• depending on the assigned client location, may place an identification wristband on the patient and always follows hospital/clinic patient safety procedures for patient identification and medical record management.
• performs clerical functions as needed, including answering phones, taking messages, chart processing, filing, faxing, etc.
• depending on the assigned client location, may cross-train inpatient services for other departments and/or work in other departments to cover for staffing gaps.
• continually serves as savista`s front line ambassador for ensuring each patient is treated with respect and receives the highest quality care and service
• supports savista`s compliance program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to hipaa, fdcpa, fcra and other laws applicable to savista`s business practicesThis includes becoming familiar with savista`s code of ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or savista`s helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, hipaa-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
Savista is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.