Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
We are looking for a leader capable of managing the day to day interactions and processes in our Level 1 Technical Support team. In this role, your main priority is to be available as a coach and mentor for your team members (both FTE and contract employees), providing insight to daily responsibilities, handling customer escalations, and overseeing your team to keep them on task. You will be responsible for contributing to the productivity of the support team as well as leading as an example. Your objective is to empower your team to produce fast, consistent, world-class technical support and be present for the needs of the team.
Our ideal candidate is a high-performer in customer and technical support with experience leading a team in a contact center environment. This role will focus on training, teaching, and empowering our Level 1 Technical Support Specialists to grow into high-performing members of the support team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.In this role, you will:
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring and management of phone queues and agent status to ensure adequate coverage and making adjustments as needed.
- Maintain schedules and monitor time-off requests and time reporting for FTE’s and contract workers.
- Train, continually coach & educate the Level 1 agents to ensure the highest standards for our customer support experience are achieved and maintained.
- Conduct regular ticket audits and reviews (informally and through QA) and constantly practice active coaching on a day to day basis
- Work closely alongside other Supervisors, Enablement, as well as the Technical Support Managers to plan/execute structured education (both for initial onboarding and ongoing development)
- Be the initial point of escalation for Tier 1 questions and escalations from your team, and work with the management team on the resolution when needed
- Constantly go above and beyond to serve our customers and your team, and be a standard-setting example for customer satisfaction
- Think strategically about the current process and how to improve them
- Some of your daily responsibilities will involve answering customer-facing calls in order to remain up to date with the customers and team and to assist with peak phone volumes
- May be asked to work an assigned shift that covers after-hours and/or weekends
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 1+ years of leadership experience as a leader of leaders in a high volume contact center support environment is required
- Strong understanding of Behavioral Based Coaching Model including establishing effective goals through a SMART model or similar
- Experience establishing expectations around development and performance management for both FTE and contingent workforces
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Superior customer facing skills with the ability to represent Samsara with strategic accounts and partners
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Bilingual English - Spanish
- French is a plus
An ideal candidate also has:
- Good understanding of ITSM Methodologies
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.