Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role
Samsara is hiring Software Engineers to build web-based IoT solutions at scale. Our engineers have end-to-end ownership of everything they build - including front-end, back-end, and mobile.
We have the pace and progression that are usually associated with a start-up, but the tools, rewards and product-market fit that you get from working for one of San Francisco’s most prestigious tech companies.
Your team, Compliance, is a cross-functional product team that designs, develops and maintains the solutions needed to cater to the needs of our customers. This can vary from helping our Global and European customers become and remain compliant with the numerous regulations that govern their driver’s activities, to providing services related to ELD, Tachograph, Hours of Service and Payroll.
It’s deeply complex work that solves global problems and challenges. The potential to make an impact and drive change here is huge.In this role, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, firmware and infra engineers to architect, build, test and deliver full stack features
- Maintaining the production systems that your team owns and provide operational support
- Solve problems that enable our product for our European and global customers
- Grow as an engineer - Samsara devs are constantly learning. We’re an engineering-first organisation with ample room for progression
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on customer success, build for the long term, adopt a growth mindset, be inclusive, and win as a team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- This level role at Samsara is for someone who’s no longer a junior developer but will still need guidance and mentoring from experienced engineers - ‘mid-weight’ to some, ‘Software Engineer III’ to others. You’ll be hungry to learn and fascinated by the future!
- You don’t need to have worked with a big name or have a Computer Science degree, but you’ll be comfortable writing clean code and capable of building complex systems at scale
- You’ll be building out complex end-to-end solutions. If you lean more towards front or back end, that’s all good, but you’ll need to be happy working across the stack here
- Communication skills are important to us. You’ll be able to explain why you build something a certain way and be open to suggestions from other engineers
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.