Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As Samsara continues to grow in the Netherlands, this newly-created position will take ownership of a team of 4 Senior Account Executives, focusing on mid-market customers (up to a 1000 employees).
This will be initially be a hands-on role - one minute, you’ll be partnering with senior leadership to implement strategy, while the next, you’ll be hopping on to a call to help close crucial deals.
There’s ample room to make this role your own. We’ll be growing significantly in the Benelux region over the next 2 years, so there’s huge opportunity to grow your team and career here.
Jobs like this don’t come around very often. We have a proven product-market fit from the US, as well as a fully ramped EMEA team for you to collaborate with.
We have an office in Amsterdam, but if you’d rather work fully remotely, that’s fine with us too.
In this role, you will:
- Mentor, coach and develop existing Senior Account Executives in everything from outbound cold calling to conversion to deal close and quota over-attainment
- Assist live with deal progression and negotiation across the team
- Coordinate extensively with Marketing/Growth and Account Development Leadership to ensure quality lead volume for UKI market / Inside Sales team
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Engineering, Finance and Order Operations to ensure smooth deal flow
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to benefit the entire market and grow our business in France
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset, Inclusivity, Winning as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 6+ years sales experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Strategic problem solving, project management, interpersonal and team management skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- You’ll have built a high-performing sales team or region
- Experience with a Proof of Concept or Trial sales motion
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.