Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced and results-driven Sales Engineering Manager to focus on our UK Enterprise business. This newly-created role will be high profile across the region, taking ownership of our entire Field Sales Engineering function.
Our SE team is full of problem solvers and tinkerers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty (literally). They play a critical role in demonstrating and communicating the value of Samsara’s platform to our largest customers, with ample room to make an outsized impact.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the UK.In this role, you will:
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing Sales Engineering team covering the Enterprise segment in the UK.
- Manage individual and team performance ensuring our partnership with sales, product, support and customer success teams are productive and efficient
- Partner with the UK Enterprise Account Executives and UK Regional Sales Director on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Manage escalations (product issues, feature requests, etc.) in a pre-sales environment
- Participate in customer / prospect calls as a trusted advisor
- Partner with other Sales Engineering leaders to improve the overall Sales Engineering organization at Samsara
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of sales engineering management experience in an Enterprise SaaS environment
- Well versed in value-based selling
- Experience with Software Product Sales; Infrastructure, SaaS
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to partner with a broad coalition of stakeholders, ranging from sales, product, marketing, support, customer success and from individual contributors to executive team members across the organization
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic growth environment
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.