Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a talented and driven Partner Manager to launch and scale relationships with leading Insurance carriers and brokers. Samsara’s telematics and dashcam technology helps customers improve the safety of their operations - this has mutual benefits for our customers, as well as their insurance providers. Well structured partnerships can help customers reduce their insurance premiums, while helping Insurance carriers and brokers grow their business profitably. As an Insurance Partnership Manager, you will own the sourcing, structure, and business development relationships with individual carriers and brokers in Samsara’s Insurance Channel.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role in which you will work with insurance organizations to create and market scalable programmes that benefit both end customers and the insurers, while driving sales and adoption of Samsara technology. Activities will include relationship building and management from the C-suite down, programme building and execution, marketing, training and enablement of Agents and Producers, and data oriented practice development done in high-touch collaboration with Samsara’s insurance partners.
This position can be located at our EMEA HQ in London or be based remotely.In this role, you will:
- Source new insurers (Cold-calling/LinkedIn outreach, Response to organic inquiries, RFP/RFI responses, following up on customer-led introductions)
- Develop joint programmes with Insurance partners (guiding partners through the process of piloting and launching programmes based on our standard approaches to referral, subsidy, and whitelabel programmes)
- Develop and manage co-marketing campaigns with partners
- Create agent/producer trainings (In-person conference training , Virtual/Remote working training, Agent resources for one-off demo’s (prior to referral submission)
- Manage cross-functional projects and problem solve (aligning stakeholders within sales, finance, marketing, customer success) to make your partners’ programmes successful
- Enable and engage with Samsara sales teams to leverage insurance partners in the sales cycle to source and close business
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years sales experience with consistent, documented overachievement
- 2+ years partnership/channel management experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in building/running channel marketing campaigns, and sales training
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- Prior experience in the insurance industry is a major plus
- Business proficiency or native fluency in German in addition to English
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.