Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
This role sits within our global Product Support Engineering team and will develop a deep understanding of our cloud services and architecture. Considering we have over a million devices out in the field, providing 2 trillion data points annually, these are deeply complex systems that rival the scale of most other organisations.
In this role, you will be focused on solving mission critical issues across all Samsara cloud connected products. You will provide debugging, failure analysis, and design feedback to our Software Engineering teams with the primary goal of improving product quality to ensure world-class customer experience.
This role is a combination of troubleshooting and creative problem solving with a strong customer focus. We are looking for hands-on engineers who are passionate about Samsara’s mission with a “whatever it takes” attitude to resolve issues with a sense of urgency.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and resolve cloud service issues for Samsara customers
- Analyze cloud data to drive quality improvement
- Serve as a subject matter expert and educator to our global customer support team
- Develop services and tools to create and improve workflows for technical support
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Technical experience troubleshooting cloud systems and analyzing complex data
- Executive presence & communication - you have excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Leadership without authority - you have the strong project management skills necessary to prioritize, delegate, and drive action across departments
- Operational urgency - you have hands-on experience delivering business results under tight timelines
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Levelheadedness - you’re confident and calm amidst high pressure situations
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.