Salary $13.00 - $13.50 an hour job type full-time number of hires for this role 4
High school or equivalent (preferred)
Fluent english (preferred)
Us work authorization (preferred)
Full job description
Job title: full-time, work-from-home global accessible travel consultant
Your primary responsibility will be making hotel, transportation, and tour reservations for disabled clients traveling globallyWe have already done extensive accessibility research and know which businesses to work withYou will need to communicate by phone and email with clients to understand their preferences, needs, and travel detailsYou will gather all information from the clients, and you will make their travel reservations using our trip planning software, email, and phone calls.
- accurate execution of reservations and trip planning services for destinations in your region (usually 10 to 15 cities)
- timely correspondence with customers and foreign travel vendors (i.e., hotels, tour, and transportation providers)
- focus on providing clients the travel packages requested in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- fluent in english
- highly organized (able to work on dozens of trips, clients, and tasks at once)
- detail-oriented (dates, times, location, and client names need to always be correct)
- results-oriented (all deadlines for planning trips must be met)
- puzzle solving (fitting together numerous hotels, transportation, and tour reservations in the proper sequence)
- problem solving (helping clients when something goes wrong during their trip)
- proficient in microsoft excel, microsoft word, and gmail
- self-motivated (need to be able to work from home with limited daily oversight)
Optional skills (preferred but not required)
- familiarity with global travel
- proficient in a foreign language
- knowledge in booking cruises and cruise itineraries
Successful employees will be able to
- follow oral instructions and detailed written instructions
- understand the overall objectives of the services we provide and be able to work without instructions
- recognize areas for improvement and make recommendations on how we can continually improve our processes
- 40 hours per weekMost work will occur monday through friday with occasional on-call duty on weekends in case of emergency calls.
- you will keep track of your own hours, and you will be evaluated on the number of trips that you finish.
- work from home on your own computerYou must have a pcMac computers will not work with our databasesInternational phone calls through our skype account.
- exposure to other cultures and destinations
- discounts on travel
- free travel (after two years on the team you become eligible to escort a group of our clientsYou and a companion will travel for free.
(late 2019, our employees and their companions enjoyed a company cruise.)
- compensation: base pay is $13.50 usd per hour plus annual bonuses
About sage traveling
Sage traveling is a rapidly growing travel provider that specializes in accessible travel globally for travelers who are senior or disabledMuch of the accessibility research we have done is one-of-a-kind and was performed first-hand by john sageOur website, www.sagetraveling.com, contains a great deal of accessibility information and is visited by thousands of disabled travelers every monthWe currently provide services in 100+ destinations globally.
Job type: full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $13.50 per hour
8 hour shift Monday to friday
Preference but not required for someone who is texas based.