Who We Are:
Incubated at the University of Notre Dame in 2017, SIMBA Chain (short for Simple Blockchain Applications) is a fully integrated development platform that government agencies use to bridge and connect to Web3. SIMBA Blocks is at the core of this offering, abstracting the complexities of blockchain development to make Web3 accessible to all.
SIMBA Blocks is a fully integrated platform that addresses governments' unique challenges when implementing blockchain-based solutions. From resilient information sharing and rapid decision-making to military supply chains, SIMBA’s exceptional network performance and robust security features safeguard government data systems. The robust platform delivers this functionality in a low-configuration environment that auto-generates REST APIs capable of connecting to smart contracts on multiple blockchain protocols.
Today, the intellectual depth and curiosity of the SIMBA Chain team continue to establish the company as a leader in enterprise and government blockchain applications. Join us as we continue to bring Web3 solutions to life!
SIMBA clients across diverse industries are leveraging blockchain technology, making it more efficient and transparent to transact and share data. We’re looking to hire a Lead Solution Architect with experience designing and implementing secure blockchain-based network solutions across a variety of industries for our US Government portfolio.
A strong predictor for success will be evident in candidates with extensive knowledge and experience in creating a technical vision. Industry-specific knowledge is considered an asset. Through their creativity, the Solution Architect will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent reference architectures for a variety of use cases. The Solution Architect should also be a thought leader.
The SIMBA team is spread remotely across the globe, offering flexible working hours. If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing at SIMBA:
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for all US Government projects
- Develops solution architecture and resolves complex issues in a variety of projects through the implementation of requirements analysis, expertise support and project supervision.
- Provides expertise for the technical team and other development staff on a variety of issues in software designs, system architecture and solution-oriented technologies
- Oversees solution architecture project outcomes, including hardware and software design; ensures each project phase meets overall requirements
- Communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical blockchain solutions
- Internally, representing the voice of the customer to deliver value.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to determine, document, and monitor software requirements
- Creating documentation, including specifications and diagrams
- Leading the practice of introducing the technical vision for each project solution
- Working closely with enterprise architecture to ensure Government technology solutions blend seamlessly with the company’s technology ecosystem
- Defining and directing Government security, data, and DevOps requirements, including project-specific infrastructure and Government regulatory requirements
- Leading and mentoring the Government development team
Experience and Skills To Be Successful:
- At least 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, engineering & systems integration work
- Hands-on experience on at least one of the leading cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, Amazon AWS) developing/implementing service models of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Possess experience as a technical leader to oversee programs, applications, and engineers to design, develop, and deploy innovative products for Government clients
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Proven track record of managing large teams across a matrixed organization
- Strong communication, project management, and business proposal writing skills
- Must be authorized to work as a United States Citizen
- Must be willing to travel 2-3x a year to the US for our bi-annual company gathering!
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience working either with or within the Federal Government enterprise
- Familiarity and experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Depth of knowledge in blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies
- Experience developing Smart Contracts and Decentralized Applications
This position is fully remote-eligible within the United States. The salary range for this role is between $160,000 - $170,000 USD.