Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!The position
You'll be joining 100 engineers across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into cross-functional development teams assigned to specific verticals.
This role is open for several teams, and we will define the exact team that you will be joining during the interview process based on the business needs and your preferences.
Regardless of the specific team, you will be working on building tools, APIs and integrations for one of our products.
Our backend is built with Elixir and Phoenix, with a PostgreSQL database. The monolith solution is hosted on AWS. We use continuous integration in Gitlab. Our front-end is written in React.What this job can offer you
- Complex and meaningful challenges — solving them will enable people and businesses to live and operate in any country of the world.
- Opportunity to have a significant impact on the business — we are still very early in our journey as a company, and each change you make today is amplified by the company's growth.
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture - read more about our practices and work ethic here.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups, recurring meetings or other ceremonies.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO and a set of perks and benefits.
- A supportive and kind work environment where you can grow and challenge yourself to do your best work.
- Significant experience as a Senior Backend Engineer, which includes building, shipping and maintaining a complicated software project
- Solid knowledge and experience in Elixir and Postgres (or similar database)
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, taking abstract concepts and turning them into working software
- Strong ability to work independently and self-guided
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- Experience working in HR- or Fintech projects is a plus
- You'll report to: The Engineering Team Lead
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.Benefits
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!Application process
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Code exercise
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com #LI-DNP