Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!The Position
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Content Editor - Generalist, joining our Growth team. We are looking for a sharp editor who can transform long-form and short-form copy into high-quality content across a variety of channels like blogs, gated content, web pages, third-party publications, social media, and everywhere else good content lives. The right person for this role will be able to master Remote's brand voice and speak it fluently.
See Remote's style guide for more details.What this job can offer you
- Maintain brand and editorial consistency across all content channels.
- Write, edit, and proofread content to ensure consistency in voice and quality.
- Facilitate high-volume production of high-quality content as part of the content team.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across marketing, sales, product, design, people, and more.
- Proven experience as a writer, editor, or related role
- Understanding of content marketing and conversion copywriting principles
- Experience editing and writing creative copy for multiple channels including web, blog, gated guides, video, email, and social media
- Working knowledge of basic SEO principles and keyword research
- Experience working within an editorial team that includes writers, designers, producers, and other stakeholders
- Passion for transforming good writing into great writing
- You'll report to: Lauren MacPhail, Director of Content and SEO
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $78,500 - $85,200. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.Benefits
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!Application process
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Director of Content & SEO
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com