The Foundation Services team is a place for engineers who are passionate about exploring ideas and implementing the right ones for the business rapidly to provide an ever-improving platform for our development team delivery. We create and drive platform-level features that enable teams to provide high-scale functionality to our merchants.
Responsibilities include our eventing system, serverless compute architecture, processing all inbound and outbound webhook traffic, and a sophisticated multi-object cache and search infrastructure used throughout Recharge.
We're looking for engineers who like to collaborate closely with others and relentlessly seek ways to improve our code base, processes, and themselves.
Our Tech Stack: Python, Flask, Dapr, KEDA, Kubernetes, GCP, Elasticsearch, Redis, Terraform, OpenTelemetry, Docker, Splunk, SignalFx, Sentry, SaaS, CloudSQL/MySQL
Who you are
We recognize that there are a variety of personalities and work styles. Here are some facets of people who enjoy working at Recharge engineering:
- You love remote work, but not working alone. You love not commuting to work, but you also love collaborating to clarify, confirm, theorize, figure out, and decide on solutions to problems
- You love exploring ideas with rapid prototyping and prioritizing the ones that have an immediate business impact
- You love tackling challenges on different fronts like code, infrastructure, documentation, and evangelizing new libraries and services to stakeholders
- You love the fast-paced nature of the eCommerce world
- You are good at breaking up work into near, mid, and long-term phases so you can deliver value all along the way as you work toward a clear overall direction
- You love rapid iterative design and development while gaining context and understanding along the way. You can recognize when you know enough to take the next useful step to deliver value
What you’ll do
- Build high-impact, high-performance, high-scale products for development teams to succeed in the delivery of features
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Perform thorough code reviews and provide useful constructive feedback.
- Contribute to cultivating a positive team environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to lean in as needed when duty calls
What you’ll bring
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self-driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high-growth company
- Ability to demonstrate high self-sufficiency to take on and complete projects promptly
- Experience with Python, Serverless, Kubernetes, and Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
Experience / Education / Qualifications
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast-paced environments
- Experience relevant to the technologies required of the role’s domain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert-level cloud computing experience
- Prior e-commerce experience preferred
All that said, we know people have varied backgrounds. If you don't meet 100% of the requirements, but you know you can do the job, we believe in you! We'd love for you to apply anyway, and tell us why you'd be a great addition to the team.