Headquarters: Waterloo, Canada
We’re a startup based out of Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 11 people -- you will be #12 🙂.
We are profitable and self-funded (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
We have sane working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off.
You enjoy writing beautiful code. You care not just about whether the code works, but you think deeply about how well it performs, and how it will be understood by future developers.
You like shipping things. Whether it is a bug fix or a feature, you realize that every line of code is an opportunity to make a user’s experience better.
You like getting feedback. Whether it is talking to real users or adding custom metrics, you believe that getting real user data is a smart way to make decisions.
You are organized and autonomous. You enjoy taking a goal, breaking it up into smaller tasks, and organizing them in the best sequence to get the job done.
You are an excellent communicator. You regularly commit small chunks of code and try to make the best use of the tools available.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM RIGHT NOW
We are currently a team of 6 developers. Our roles are divided based on the projects we work on. Our stack currently looks like:
- Backend: Java 8 (REST API)
- Cloud: A blend of AWS and Google Cloud
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Frontend: ES6, TypeScript, React, and Redux
- Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be working on our backend which is a REST API written using modern Java practices.
This is a high impact role. We are looking for someone to take real ownership of one or two core features within the first year. You will own some extremely important portions of our application that serve thousands of customers.
We prioritize our projects based on what customers are requesting the most. Some things that you will work on include:
Real-time Data Discovery: Enhance and extend our real-time data discovery engine
Performance: Optimize every API call so that it completes within 250ms
Modular Architecture: Design functionality such that it can be packaged as a standalone library
DevOps: Deploy internal applications in a scalable and fault-tolerant manner
APIs: Improve our integrations with 3rd party services, such as Salesforce
- 3+ years programming experience and 2+ years Java experience
- Experience with modern Java frameworks without the enterprise bloat
- We don’t require a degree but you should have demonstrated the ability to learn new things quickly (either self-learned, freelance projects, or from school)
- Past remote work experience
- Worked at a tech startup or a small company before
- Experience with modern DevOps practices using AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- A knack for taking a metrics-driven approach using Grafana or similar
- Exposure to Google Drive API or Salesforce.com
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary: $70,000 - $90,000/year Canadian Dollars
- Work fully remotely, from our office in Waterloo, or a blend of both
- Four weeks paid time off
- Travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Benefits (health, dental, etc) through our company HSA
- Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/tryprospect/j/A8C74AEC5F/