Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Senior Software Engineer
Our frontend stack is React with our back end in Elixir/Rails and PostgreSQL. We are looking for self-driven people in Brazil who are creative problem solvers, that learn quickly, and can thrive in a fast paced environment with little guidance. And we care about your career growth. We try to assign projects that will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We are a good mix of new and experienced engineers, creating the perfect environment for you to both mentor and be mentored. We all enjoy helping each other grow through 1 : 1 mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We're adding to our Brazilian team, so if this sounds like you - come join us!
You will be joining the Messaging Channels team, where we connect to the most important communication channels for businesses to communicate with their customers.
What you should have:
- Professional working proficiency in English
- 5+ years working as a full-stack developer
- 3+ years of coding experience with at least one modern language such as, Java, C#, Elixir, Go, or Rust including function-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Strong ownership and drive to launch services
What we hope you have:
- 6+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company
- The passion to mentor your peers and be a problem solver
- Strong experience with algorithms, data structures and code
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with GraphQL for developing APIs
- Experience with web infrastructure and open-source systems such as Kafka
- Frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack experience
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Meal ticket
- Gym Pass membership
- Medical and Odontologic assistance
- Yearly team building on-site events at HQ in Utah, US
- Growth and aggressive career plan
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.