We're hiring for a Sunday - Thursday schedule in Pacific Time (9am - 6pm PT).
At Podia, we’re building the most creator-friendly platform on the planet to help people launch their free website, sell online courses, digital downloads, community subscriptions and more.
The Creator Support team plays a key part in our creator-friendly reputation by helping creators succeed in launching and growing their businesses. In fact, our support is a top reason creators cite for using Podia. We’re looking for a super-friendly and tech-savvy person to join us! 🙌
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop a solid foundation in our products and best practices for using Podia in order to be experts for our creators ✨
- Respond courteously, effectively, and quickly via chat and email to creators’ questions, meeting or exceeding our team’s Service Level Agreements and CSAT goals 🚀
- Troubleshoot and log bug reports with our developers, keeping creators updated along the way 🔍
- Migrate creators (downloading/uploading content, setting up courses, importing customer lists, etc.) who need some help switching over from other platforms 📦
- Provide feedback to Support Leadership on opportunities to improve the efficiency and quality of support we provide 💡
We’re looking for someone with:
- Really, really, really good writing skills, who can rewrite this bullet to make it sound better 🖊️
- Ability to meet people where they are: you can take screenshots and record videos for creators like a boss 💪
- Time management and organizational skills to successfully balance multiple priorities ✅
- Problem-solving skills and technical troubleshooting chops 😎
- Support experience. You know what it takes to make customers happier than they were before they met you 😊
It’d be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and / or sold an online course, digital download, or community before 🤑
- Have experience with help desk software and tools like Linear, Zoom, Basecamp, and Slack 💬
- Have experience working remotely and access to a stable internet connection 🗺️
- Have worked with digital creators before 🖥️
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. You’ll be given high-level direction and the skills to set you up for success 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce around some ideas 🧠
- Competitive compensation and equity in a rapidly-growing company. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world 💰
- 401(k) match, health insurance, and other medical benefits (US-based employees) 💊
- Work from anywhere with a stable internet connection 🌎
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people ❤️
- Great benefits which include three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more 😊
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic) ✈️
- The chance to connect with some of the best creators in the biz 🏆
- Named one of the “Best Remote Companies to Work For in 2022” by We Work Remotely, we’ve been around since 2014, have the greatest customers in the world, and a team that will stop at nothing to help our creators win. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, let’s talk!
About the hiring process
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to review them for the first two weeks after the date of posting. There's no benefit to applying in the first five minutes, and we'd rather you take your time. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes. We then reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who move on to a small test project.
If your application is chosen to move on to the next phase, we’ll send you a small (paid) test project to be completed within 72 hours of receipt. This will be a written assignment where we ask you to respond to mock email questions, and provide feedback on a real-life conversation between a creator and an agent.
If selected after the project stage, we will run a mock live chat session with you. The goal of this phase is to give us a sense of your voice and tone in chat, and to give you a sense of what it’s like to work with our customers 💬
As the final round, you’ll be interviewed over Zoom by our VP of Creator Support and Senior Product Liaison. These interviews typically last 30-45 minutes each and are structured to get a feel for your experience and how you approach work. No trust falls or riddles to worry about here 😉
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We'll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10-minute call.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳
We’re looking forward to chatting 🙂