Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Professional Services Technical Sales Specialists on Planet’s Professional Services (PS) team are experienced solution sales professionals and technologists who help grow the global PS business.
This role entails working closely with the field sales team to identify, cultivate, and close on new PS business opportunities. The success of this PS role will be determined by the Technical Sales Specialist’s ability to boost PS attachment to product sales, to accurately manage and forecast the pipeline of pending PS opportunities, and to creatively uncover new PS attachment opportunities across Planet’s vertical markets of focus.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive net new services bookings by identifying opportunities in Planet’s global book of business where PS is a good fit, attach services to opportunities, and work with Account Executives to close transactions.
- Develop and maintain the PS pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives.
- Accountable for working with Account Executives to support the negotiation, contracting, and transaction approval processes.
- Evangelize Planet’s PS offerings with the field sales team.
- Quickly develop strong, positive relationships with Account Executives and their customers by understanding needs and business objectives.
- Fulfill the role of trusted advisor through your ability to leverage the extended Planet team to develop strategic opportunities with customers.
- Work with customers to develop a mutual plan for how Planet can help transform their business.
- Partner closely with Sales and PS managers and engineers to ensure compelling customer proposals and recommendations are prepared for customers.
- Work closely with Account Executives, Sales Engineers and PS managers and engineers on all technical components of SOWs to ensure a comprehensive and achievable definition of scope that will result in successful customer outcomes.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to build & execute complex account strategies.
- Cultivate relationships across Planet’s global teams to include Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and executive leadership.
- Team with Account Executives and Proposal Managers to respond to RFP’s/RFI's.
- Coordinate with Customer Success and Sales to upsell services to existing customers.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of the Planet Platform.
What You Bring:
- 4 - 6 years prior experience in an enterprise-level software or services solution sales role; this includes demonstrating a proven track record for contributing to (or directly impacting) annual sales quotas, and managing technical solutions sales cycles.
- Experience with SaaS/DaaS cloud-based business models and enterprise, B2B sales.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is a plus.
- Experience working as part of a large global field sales organization. Technical/geospatial experience affords the candidate a greater opportunity for success in the role.
- Ability to rapidly assess customer environments from a business process, organizational and technological perspective, and effectively prioritize opportunities for growth.
- Ability to land the Why Planet Platform story with customers.
- Experience working within matrixed teams to identify, document and close consulting engagements that leverage an enterprise level DaaS offering.
- Ability to message the value of services, rapid customer success and rapid return on investment.
- Strong driver with effective planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as drive cross-functional teams towards milestones.
- Ability to anticipate problems and recommend innovative solutions; achieve customer satisfaction through the sale of sound consulting projects.
- Excellent team building, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and presentation expertise.
- Expert networking skills to find key points of contact and gain insights into a company's objectives
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.