About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Position: Data Scientist II / Senior Data Scientist, Data Science Team
The Data Science team at Pivot Bio develops tools and methods to accelerate research and product development pipelines and provide insights that empower growers to be sustainable and productive. We’re looking for a skilled data scientist to support decision-making via rigorous quantitative analyses and innovative data science techniques. This position will involve working in cross-functional teams of microbiologists, cell biologists, software engineers and other data scientists to translate data into actionable insight, as well as support development of new methodologies to multiply the impact of our experiments.
- Support decision makers within the R&D pipeline with statistical analyses, experimental design via power analyses, technical reports, and data visualizations.
- Maintain and develop robust analytical pipelines to provide prompt and accurate insights to internal customers.
- Build predictive models that guide R&D experimental approaches to product pipeline development.
- Develop and implement new analytical techniques with company data and evaluate the utility of novel data sources for R&D.
- Work collaboratively as part of a diverse, geographically dispersed data science team to support internal communication of needs, project status and results.
- Advocate for data driven decision making within the organization
Qualifications and Experience:
- Data Scientist II - PhD Degree in statistics, mathematics, systems biology, computational biology, epidemiology, microbial ecology, or related field and 3 years of relevant experience OR MS with minimum five years’ experience.
- Senior Data Scientist - PhD Degree in statistics, mathematics, systems biology, computational biology, epidemiology, microbial ecology, or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience OR MS with minimum seven years’ experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You know how to communicate complex ideas clearly to diverse audiences.
- Able to understand experimental concepts and techniques quickly.
- Experience with mixed-effect models.
- Experience building statistical models in Python or R (preferably both) and strong experience in Bayesian analysis.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce clean, reproducible workflows. Please include the word diazotroph somewhere in your application materials.
- This position is not a business analytics or consumer focused role. Experience with microbiological data is strongly preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team