Salary $8 - $26 an hour job type full-time number of hires for this role 1
Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Us work authorization (preferred)
Full job description
Pickleballcentral was founded in 2006 and quickly transitioned from a small business to the leading provider of equipment within the pickleball industry; named both as the online retailer of the year (racquet sports industry magazine) and one of puget sound’s fastest growing private companiesWe work closely with major manufacturers, influential organizations like usa pickleball and local clubs, to not only provide customers with the best selection of products, but to support the development of the game overallPickleball has been deemed the fastest growing sport in america and we’ve risen to meet the soaring demandAs a company, our primary goal is to exceed customers’ expectations, and this can be seen in the rave reviews we receive and our sterling reputationWe value employees who can think creatively while maintaining our high standards to help customers get the most out of this enjoyable, growing and inclusive sport.
Summary: the senior e-commerce site merchandiser role is responsible for product and category merchandising for pickleball central’s e-commerce storefronts, and digital asset marketing.
Lead and implement the site merchandising strategy for specific products and categories across pickleballcentral.com to grow sales, promote key products and campaigns, and optimize the customer experienceDrive sales and conversion by creating product and site experiences based on data, product priorities, merchandising expertise, and a desire to build a best-in-class customer experienceThis role also leads our digital asset integration and asset management (photos & video)This role partners closely with marketing, merchandising, planning, product development, and vendor relations to bring these opportunities to fruition.
Essential job responsibilities:
Primary senior site merchandiser responsibilities include:
· day-to-day merchandising across pickleball central’s homepage, product pages and category pagesManage regular updates based on marketing campaigns, promotional calendar, and seasonal product priorities.
· product listing creation on volusion and big commerce e-commerce properties, including preparing (sizing, cropping, etc.) and uploading product photos, integrating videos, seo elements, and written content.
· create and maintain site, page and category product content strategy in partnership with the merchandising and marketing teams - includes brand and product storytelling, site content, product features, and marketing campaigns.
· lead systems thinking focused on simplifying operations while up-leveling customer experience through data driven benchmarks that optimize site content workflow process in partnership with creative marketing team and email teamWork closely with email team to align on product features and site landing experience from emails.
· merchandising product listings for sales promotions including pricing changes, promotional messages, gift with purchase setups, etc.
· work to improve processes, implement new merchandising tools, best practices and positive changes across websitesBe the subject matter expert on one or more site technologiesWork with vendor (volusion) to drive improvements and implement new features.
· drive site experience merchandising improvement via participation in testing program, working with merchandising tools, and knowledge of best practice trendsStay informed of current ecommerce trends and competitor actions, and proactively deliver thought leadership and information to the team
· coordinate with cross-functional partners to drive strategic and tactical solutions to meet business needs and ensure merchandising alignmentAssess and determine course of action for inventory liabilities and risks.
· leverage data and priorities to create a site experience with a point of view that delivers a best-in-class customer experience
· create promotional coupons and discounts via volusion and big commerce
· maintain and analyze current selling trends and customer site interaction with categories.
· prepare reports to share with leadership, merchandising and planning partners.
· manage and a lead other site merchandisers
· assist marketing team in execution of website specific new marketing projects (such as abandoned cart recapture, pop-up lead generation, etc.)
· oversee the following via direct reports
O assist with set up of amazon product variants as required.
O management and maintenance of the photo digital assets and video libraries
O manage digital asset collection process, through the coordination of product image capture, and video library and digital asset management uploads including youtube
O assist with or lead setup of products in skuvault inventory system.
O maintenance of google shopping data feed.
O daily analysis of back-in-stock, or out-of-stock status of products.
· 4-year college degree in related field.
· 3+ years experience in e-commerce merchandising.
· at least 2 years e-commerce experience on multiple platforms (i.eVolusion, big commerce, etc.)
· experience leading/managing people not required but preferred
· meticulous attention to detail
· direct experience with site merchandising ecommerce tools
· bias towards delivering a best in class customer experience that aids in their digital purchasing journey
· a strong command and comprehension of retail math and website analytics.
· proven ability to spearhead and manage a project from ideation through completion.
· demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
· ability to effectively communicate complex information and lead change management process with cross-functional team members.
· strong pc skills including proficiency with microsoft suite, excel and sharepoint.
· strong business communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to thoroughly analyze designated kpis and recommend actions
Job type: full-time
Pay: $8.00 - $26.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Monday to friday
Pickleball central requires covid vaccination
Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work location: remote