Job type full-time number of hires for this role 1
Linux: 7 years (required)
Full job description
The systems administrator wears multiple hats with primary focus and responsibilities supporting multiple data center servers and cloud infrastructure technologies such as oracle, aws, and office 365The position is responsible for the 24 x 7 preservation of the standards and controls necessary to operate the company it infrastructure that includes regular maintenance such as patches & upgrades, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
Responsibilities and duties:
Perform administrative operations and maintenance function of server hardware and software using redhat and other linux operating system including systems health, systems uptime, and shell scripting
Support microsoft windows and sql server technologies but not limited to file servers, dns, active directory, and virtualization platforms on operating system 2016 and up
Must have cloud migration experience with aws, azure, and other private and public cloud providers
Installing, configuring, maintaining, and support applications and servers on-premises, in the public and private cloud (aws & azure)
Maintain a highly secure o365 hybrid environment through proper configuration and monitoringTroubleshoot and resolve issues with users on all o365 tools such as onedrive, teams, and sharepoint
Responsible for monitoring all environment, performance tuning, backups, and recovery
Experience in designing, deployment, configuration, integration and troubleshooting with saml integration with 2-factor authentication platform.
Assist with audits on existing software to verify authorized use, license certification, and sample evidence.
· support company cloud first transformation and lift and shift initiative.
· creates, deploys, manages windows server baseline configuration and security hardening customizations through deployment tools, powershell, and batch scripting.
· ability to work nights / weekends when project require as well as be on call 24x7.
· perform other duties as assigned.
· bsc/ba in information technology, computer science, or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g., microsoft certified systems administrator (mcsa) and vmware is a plus)
· 7+ years of server os windows and linux installation and configuration and microsoft sql configuration
· 7+ years of extensive proven knowledge of microsoft technologies: o365 (onedrive, teams, etc.), server 2016/2019 & exchange hybrid, ad, and certificate authority.
· experience with cloud computing with any of the major iaas vendors including aws and asure
· knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and cloud data backup/recovery
· ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to people with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
· ability to meet project deadlines.
· ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers and supervisors.
· ability to work on call, nights, and weekends on a rotating schedule.
· a college degree or the combination of microsoft training & certification and equivalent work experience in the related field is required.
· certification in one or more of the following:
O microsoft certification (mcitp, mcm, or mca)
O vmware certified
O cloud certification
O redhat certification (system administrator or certified engineer)
Job type: full-time
Linux: 7 years (required)