What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We have over 230+ talented employees serving over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally. Backed by investors including FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North, Paddle aims to define the next wave of B2B SaaS leaders.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for providing technical support to our customers and our various internal teams. You’ll help them get the most out of Paddle by debugging issues with existing implementations and expanding their use of our platform and features to meet their current and future challenges.
This is a technical role, and you will be providing support to developers. As such, you'll need to be very familiar with web technologies and be comfortable building and advising on working solutions that solve problems. This will require some hands-on, coding experience.
Working closely with our Customer Success team you'll ensure our customers receive an incredible experience when they come to Paddle for help and advice. You'll also work closely with Product Managers, being the voice of our existing customers and championing improvements for them.
What you'll do
- Become an expert on the Paddle product suite, including the checkout, dashboard, and APIs.
- Investigate and resolve where possible emergent issues/questions for all existing customers in a timely fashion.
- Help our customers to create better integrations with Paddle and make the most of all our features.
- Advise customers on how to use our product most effectively.
- Identify solutions to enable customers to successfully self-serve.
- Support and empower your colleagues on customer calls, with code samples, and additional collateral.
- Contribute to public-facing documentation and guides, continuously evaluating and improving.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams, helping them to identify, investigate and test fixes for issues and bugs reported by our customers.
- Be the voice of our customers and pass on feedback and the challenges our customers are facing to our Product team, ensuring a continuous cycle of improvement.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are comfortable implementing our own checkout (we'll test this!).
- You have experience using and integrating APIs.
- You have an investigative mindset and like to think out of the box.
- You are comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audience
- You have good SQL knowledge.
- Have knowledge of one of the following: Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 280 (and growing!) people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.