Headquarters: San Diego
We are searching for a Quality Assurance Specialist to come aboard and oversee the quality of all products and services at Pixel Perfect Development!
The Quality Assurance Specialist responsibilities will consist of developing and evolving quality standards, and to conduct thorough tests to identify issues in the production of our products or services.
Ultimately, you will work with our team on building, testing, and releasing award winning visual websites as well as interactive web products for a wide range of industry-leading clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, evolve, and comply with company quality assurance standards.
- Plan, execute, and oversee product inspection and testing for quality and conformance to proper specifications and deliverables requirements.
- Develop the highest standards for production, design, as well as testing protocols for overall implementation.
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Monitor risk-management procedures, maintain problem logs, and report issues to managers and product developers.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice (GAMP) systems, validating processes, providing documentation, and managing staff.
- Monitor risk management activities.
- Responsible for document management systems.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Continue to evolve ongoing skills and expertise in the latest technologies.
- Lead technical requirement documentation
- Work with developers to ensure they are clear on their expectations at any given time during the project
- Work with producers to understand client needs and ensure they are throughout the development project
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes; Promptly bring serious defects to the attention of the Lead/Project Manager/Developer
- Ability to learn the business logic quickly to interpret requirements and prioritize defects
- Aptitude to troubleshoot using common sense approaches and to determine root causes using process of elimination
- Maintain and execute launch checklists
Required skills and qualifications
- Deep knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.
- Basic programming skills (ability to read HTML, CSS and JS is sufficient)
- Proficient with bug-tracking software
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and proposed timelines
- Capacity to learn with minimal supervision in the fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in best practices for testing, version control, and defect management.
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, CQE, or CQA. (?)