Grants/Contracts and Procurement Assistant
Job Locations LK
Job ID : 2022-1908 : # of Openings : 1
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks a Grants /Contracts and Procurement Assistant for the for the USAID CSM-STAND Sri Lanka Bolstering Civil Society Activity. The project’s overall goal is to assist Sri Lanka in maintaining a vibrant civil society that empowers citizens to advance the democratic values of citizen participation. Activities will link CSOs across communities, districts, and regions to have a voice in local governance and national reform processes. Under the supervision of the Grants and Contracts Manager, th e position will support the administration of the grants and contracts management cycle for the program , i n addition to the coordination of the procurement cycle, from requisition form to solicitation, selection, contracting actions, negotiation and execution, vendor/contractor supervision, and close-out. The Grants/Contracts and Procurement Assistant is expected to provide grants / contracts and procurement related operational and administrative support for the project, especially related to coordinating the respective cycle s , ensuring compliance with Pact , USAID , and Sri Lanka n government rules and regulations.
- Assist in collecting and managing solicitations, ensuring the availability and eligibility of partners selected to work with Pact under the project.
- Assist in the grants/contracts management cycle , under the supervision of the Grants and Contracts Manager , and in close coordination with other Pact staff, to ensure compliance with donor and Pact policies and procedures, achievement of intended results .
- Assist in developing a procurement plan for the project and tracking it.
- Provide support focused on compliance, grants and contracts management, and successful implementation of grants and contracts.
- Coordinate requisitions, RFQs, RFPs, and consultant search
- Support conducting the comparative analysis of bids received in response to RFQs/solicitations for the hiring and procuring of goods and services from independent contractors and consultants
- Assist in organizing tender committees and preparing required documentations
- Support in the preparation of contract s with vendor s and maintain ing contract after award, ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete. Confer with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc. to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Ensure due diligence of the selection proceedings
- Coordinate event organization: support with suppliers’ management and event logistics (e.g., venue, catering, travel, speakers, etc. )
- Prepare purchase orders, contracts, and consultant agreements
- Provide overall scheduling and follow-up with vendors/contractors/consultants
- Check the deliverables, collect and check accounting documentation (supporting documents, invoices, acts of acceptance, etc.), coordinate timely payment
- Update the vendor database, as well as procurement and consultant trackers on a regular basis;
- Ensure accurate filing of all grants, contracts, and procurement related documents;
- Develop and maintain vendors, consultants’ database and ensure that this information is available to all staff. Assist Pact’s personnel with travel arrangements, visas and accommodation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- University Degree + minimum two years in a similar position with a program supported by international donors , or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- Basic understanding of grants, contracts, and procurement management cycles
- Basic communication skills (both written and oral) in both English and local language(s)
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Highly effective administration skills, including computing, word processing, and data management and visualization
- Experience of working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors is a plus
- Time-management and organizational skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skill
- Solid knowledge of office maintenance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working and negotiating services suppliers and vendors
- Self-motivated and highly committed
- Sri Lankan nationals strongly encouraged to apply