Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Product Manager to join our Product Team team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.About the role:
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Senior Product Manager, you'll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems with smart technology solutions and accelerating your team's execution. You'll have the opportunity to work on a range of high impact problems to support Oscar's business goals, partner with senior stakeholders across the business, and independently define the strategy for your product domain area and lead cross-functional projects within tech.
This role is on our Search Team. You'll work closely with a team of back-end engineers to: make our doctor networks and other healthcare concepts searchable for members, brokers and internal operations teams; make our search systems more robust, performant, scalable and configurable; and develop optimal doctor recommendation strategies per context. You'll collaborate extensively with front-end and back-end product, data, operations and business teams.
You will report into a Group Product Manager in NYC.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C.. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $156,000 - $204,750 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Define the business, user and technical goals of a product team focused on solving doctor search problems for several different types of users and use cases.
- Work with engineers and other internal stakeholders to create specs and implement features.
- Drive outcomes and make sure your projects are progressing smoothly across multiple stakeholders within Oscar, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, and quality.
- Produce insights from data and research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate and organize work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system and communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to smaller operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can't fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience and design with members, providers, internal users, and more in mind.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. You can use data to identify opportunities, test theories and evaluate success.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 4+ years.
- Previous domain experience in search systems, search ranking, machine learning or personalization.
- Previous experience with taxonomy management.
- Previous experience designing robust data models and creating service layers to support feature-full applications.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.