Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Security Engineer, Detection & Response to join our Security team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
As a Security Engineer, Detection & Response, you will help secure Oscar. You will provide your expertise and experience to ensure Oscar meets regulatory requirements and industry good practices. You will work with other Security team members and partner with Engineering, IT, and SRE to prioritize and close control gaps and reduce enterprise risk.
You will report to the Manager of Detection and Response. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $135,960-$178,448 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Support the overall improvement of the security process and documentation
- Stay informed of new technologies or application methodologies through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other IT organizations and institutions
- Participate in the design and day-to-day administration of security systems that reflect state-of-the-art security best practices and compliance, ensuring a focus on balancing security effectiveness without introducing material operational friction
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in Oscar’s cloud environments and processes
- Assist Engineering teams with identifying security requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a strong ability to plan, prioritize, and execute projects independently or in coordination with other teams
- Help create metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of our application security program and inform continuous program improvements
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Encourage a culture of collaboration with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- 2+ years of career experience related to cybersecurity
- Experience in reverse engineering, computer forensics, ethical hacking, and threat hunting to solve problems
- Previous experience in particular OS environments (Mac and Linux) as well as cloud environments (AWS and GCP)
- In-depth technical understanding that enables you to assess security risks
- Can fluently communicate security risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.