Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Regulator Data Associate to join our Operations Intelligence team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.About the role
The Regulatory Data Associate is an important role within the Operations Intelligence team. You will report on their primary assigned operations departments, being an extension of their teams and building expertise within that assigned domain. You will develop a knowledge of other non-primary assigned departments to provide inventory support when needed.
You will work on the most complex reporting requests in their assigned domain, both routine and ad-hoc in nature, and provide any documents related to standard Operations for audit or Legal supporting files.
You will report to the Lead Regulatory Data Analyst.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $88,560 - $116,235 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.Responsibilities
- Onboard to your assigned domain(s) and develop an understanding of regulatory compliance to build your reporting expertise. Participate in training in both your domain and the regulatory space.
- Scope requests and communicate with the Operations, Data, Compliance, and Legal Teams(as applicable) to ensure alignment, development, and execution of all deliverables.
- Be a project manager for multi-department reporting requests that largely fall under their primary assigned department(s) and act as the contact for partners.
- Build documentation for inventory planning, QA, methodologies, and execution for ongoing inventory, and monitor the documentation of inventory assigned to Analysts.
- Build code, data, and QA procedures for reporting operations data.
- Create scoping methodology(ies) to assign story points for sprint planning and team capacity analyses
- Manage inventory sprint cycles, maintain partner engagement & communication, monitor inventory progress, deploy work cycles to accommodate ad-hoc requests, and the implementation of internal controls to ensure all deliverables in their domain meet the team standards.
- Critically apply knowledge in your assigned domain to the various reporting requests received to achieve a high level of accuracy, confidence, and maintaining transparency of this application.
- Log and catalog data gaps between your domain and reporting definitions, and work with data teams to add, test, and deploy new data fields into existing datasets where applicable.
- Build relationships with your team, managing their requests and facilitating communication and understanding of complex data projects; you keep your partners informed on timelines and roadblocks, working through problems with them.
- Ensure data governance best practices are developed and followed in adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure any tooling created to automate work streams are compliant with regulatory statutes, internal IT protocols, documented, thoroughly tested before implementation into production, and develop an ongoing monitoring / review process to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Provide data insights and support for audit walkthroughs and regulator questions.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in data analysis or 4+ years of commensurate experience in data analysis or related field
- 4+ years of proven expertise in SQL and other data navigation languages.
- 3+ years of experience partnering with stakeholders to understand requirements and translate into data insights
- 3+ years of experience in critical execution of data requests with unclear parameters
- 3+ years of experience in project management for complex data requests
- Direct experience with BigQuery and python
- Healthcare, Clinical Informatics, Banking, or Insurance experience
- Google Suite & Mac familiarity
- Experience delivering highly regulated and scrutinized data analysis and reporting
- Experience participating in live audits / regulatory walkthroughs
- Experience handling highly confidential data analysis requests
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.